- Q. What is SSL and what is an SSL Certificate?
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology
for setting up an encrypted link between a web server and a
browser. This link ensures the privacy of all data passed
between the web server and browsers.
An SSL certificate enables a web server to create an SSL
connection. SSL certificates are expected by consumers for any
site that handles sensitive information like identity
information, credit card numbers, or confidential records.
- Q. Why do I need an SSL Certificate?
If your website requires users to log in, enter personal
information such as credit card numbers or view confidential
information such as financial statements, you need to keep the
data private and assure your Customers that their data is
Use of an SSL digital certificate assures website users of 3
1. That the website really is who it claims to be.
2. That credit card numbers and other confidential information
is encrypted (128bit or higher) and cannot be intercepted.
3. That the data sent and received cannot be tampered with or
- Q. Do SSL certificates work in all web browsers?
SSL Certificates are compatible with all major web
- Q. Can I upgrade my SSL Certificate?
There is no provision of upgrading an SSL Certificate.
However, if you require a more secure certificate for your
website, you can purchase it and install it on the same web
server as the old certificate.
- Q. Do I need technical expertise to set up an SSL
certificate on my web site?
While it is not difficult to install an SSL Certificate
it does involve following a series of simple steps. Detailed
information about installing our SSL Certificates can be found
in our KnowledgeBase.
If you have any more questions, do reach us on phone or use our online